Baby’s sleep pattern

Hi mummies, need a little help here as a first time mum. If my 1m baby doesnt want to sleep during the day shuld i just let her be/play with her or try to coax her to sleep? On some days trying to make her sleep is taking a toll on me, im so tired :(

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, At 1 month she is ready to experiment with all her senses and her curiosity might most probably be the cause of her staying awake in the day! You could try taking long walks with her - also, have a routine during the day. Babies thrive on routines so you could do the feed in the morning when she wakes up, then time for a wipe down and maybe some tummy time? Then perhaps a feed before nap time. That kinda thing. Also, it will be useful to note that baby is probably going through her one month growth spurt - this is where she’ll cry a lot, get clingy, sleep patterns might change, etc. Most mamas find that this lasts from 2-3 days to a little over a week. Don’t worry it’s a phase and it’ll pass. You’re not alone okay? So hang in there!

Read more
VIP Member

For me yung 1st child ko pag matutulog na kami sa tanghali i closed the curtains, turn off the lights and open ko yung lampshade para dim light, same sa evening. In this way na ttrained ko si baby na pag ganun ang set up ibigsabihin time to sleep na. At prraise God hindi ko naranasang mag puyat masyado kasi sumasabay ang baby ko sa. Tulog. Same din 2nd baby ko. Tips mommy pag tulog sila matulog ka rin para makapag pahinga ka..😍😘

Read more

I think it's fine, should still try to let her nap a bit in the day if possible cos it will help her sleep well at night but if baby is active and happy, theres no need to force sometimes. I used to force it but realized it's not beneficial for my baby. as my baby's PD said, we can't make baby sleep if he doesn't want to. :) hope this encourages you a little!

Read more

My baby is 1.5month too, she doesn’t sleep in the afternoon and only sleep at the night. And she want someone to carry or play with her during day time.