Hi all my LO is 13 weeks old and DL breastfed. Had tried to intro bottles since 6 weeks old but she hates them and refuse to drink from them. Bottles are fed by my husband. She only took some milk from them when she is drowsy ( during night feeds).. Tried nuk latex teat, medela calma, dr brown's but she just refuse. Only manage to dream feed on nuk 2 to 3 times. Even when I am not present, she also rejects them. Wondering how cuz she will need the bottle when I go back to work. Heard some parents let them cry till hungry hrs later then they take the bottle.. do I really have to do that? i usually wait an hr..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe you can try using nipple shields when you're nursing your baby now. This will make her get use to the taste and feel of silicon or aftificial teats and by the time you have to go back to work, she'll be more susceptible to bottles. Another suggestion I can offer is trying out the bottles by Adiri. It literally looks like a breast attached to a bottle. I've had friends who used this bottle and they find it worth the price (can be quite pricey). http://www.adiri.com

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Thankss!

this is what I learnt from my aunt which really turned out well. if you wanna bottle feed and bf. then buy a bottle teat that's water flow not milk flow so the hole is smaller. so baby still needs to work just as hard like when she's on the boob. sometimes the teat with milk flow is very fast and baby might not like it. NUK bottle brand is great. maybe you you can give it a go

Read more
8y ago

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10776)

I've been told by others that different babies like different teats. Friends of mine had to try lots of different bottles before finding one which baby will take! Keep trying, baby will get the hang of it!

8y ago

Sure thanks! its tough!

my girl only settled into her 3rd set of bottles. from avent to pigeon to finally tommee tippee. but sadly she now prefers the bottle to my breast. woes of ftwm :(