Milk Bottles Feeding With Diff Teats

I've let my LO to try on several bottles including brands like NUK, Avent & Dr Brown's. Now she's currently on Dr Brown's but I'm mixing bottles between the older version and the new version. I noticed that whenever she drinks with the older version, she will always play with the teats, pushing it around left and right with her tongue and too longer time to start drinking (even when she's hungry). For the newer version, she will also play but for only a few seconds and start to drink immediately after that. She's currently using 6 bottles in total (4 older version Dr Brown's and 2 newer version Dr Brown's). Her feeding is very irregular. Sometimes drink 40ml, sometimes drink 120ml. Am I confusing her with 2 diff teats? Should I just discard the 4 and replace them to the newer version one instead? I find it abit wasted cos 2 of the older version has only been used for like less than a month

Milk Bottles Feeding With Diff Teats
1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Even with my direct latching, some days my baby also insists on only drinking from one side 😅 These babies can be so picky. Haha. You can choose to persevere and get your LO used to the old teat type again - use it for feeds where you know your LO is very hungry (after a while, they may become more accepting), or if your LO really doesn’t drink enough the whole day because of the teat issue, then you may have no choice but to sacrifice these teats...

Read more