reject bottle

My lil boy doesnt want to drink frm bottle. He stopped after he rchd 2 months. Ive tried changing bottles and teats but still he rejected it. How do i go abt w this? I was thinking what if i start wrk and need to leave him behind. He just wants to latch directly.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Went through the exact same thing. Baby needs to have bottle training. Some lactation consultants/parent crafters can help you with that. My baby’s apparently one of the toughest nuts to crack. Haha. At 4 months, we’re still struggling, but we’re getting a little better. We have to bring her into the open air outdoors where her senses are overwhelmed before she’s willing to let us put the bottle into her mouth. Even then, it takes a lot of coaxing to drink a small amount of milk. But we’re just persisting and slowly progressing. Come to think of it, my first child was like that too 😂😭 After I went back to work, my husband had to try again and again until one day, he broke through her stubbornness and she drank well from then on. Don’t worry about starving the kid. When they’re hungry, they’ll eventually drink. My daughter became really chubby for a while after she started drinking well from the bottle. Haha

Read more