Confinement food and post delivery massage is it really necessary?

Hi would like to check for those ordering confinement meals, do the meals includes shen hua tang (herbs soup) or do we need to order the herbs separately else like medical hall and ownself brew the soup? Has anyone gone through delivery, order confinement meals but never did the post delivery massage? How is the recovery without massage?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think if you get a good confinement nanny and masseuse. My personal experience: My confinement nanny was pretty good so I managed to get good rest in the first 2 weeks and she cooked lotsa nutritious food so my recovery was good and the confinement meals also boosted my milk production. For post partum massage (jamu), I actually engaged one of the most popular service providers (signed a package of 7 treatments). I think the masseuse was really so so and I don’t feel much different or help much. There is no significant difference so I feel it was a waste of money 🫠

Read more
1y ago

was thinking of only getting confinement meals packages but not engaging any nanny or jamu massage so wondering can it be done? and if no jamu massage how to get uterus back into place if needed