Fish oil trigger my vomiting

hi ladies! Anyone taking the same brand of fish oil in the pic? The after taste trigger my vomitting. I read online we can freeze the tablet or take before sleeping idk of its advisable. Any tips? Please help :(

Fish oil trigger my vomiting
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i also feel like puking everytime when I eat this but it is important for baby's growth. found the best way to eat it is to hold your breath once u put into your mouth, and drink it down with a sweet drink like milo or yakult to mask the smell. and don't eat it right after a full meal cos it will trigger the vomitting.

Read more
2y ago

welcome sis.. i don't eat in the morning, usually like 1h after lunch or 1h after dinner. cos if i eat it immediately after meals, surely puke! hahaha. so i eat the Calcium & Multivitamin pills with meals.. space all the supplements out. I checked with my gynae, he said don't need to eat right after meals. As long as we eat it daily... my first trimester also I could only eat crackers & milo.... the crackers help to ease the puking so i eat them sometimes in the morning or whenever i feel the acid reflux is strong. take care!!

I am taking the Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Advanced as recommended by my gynae. It contains fish oil aside from other essential nutrients. You can try it, no weird smell and taste. I never have nausea while taking it.

take before sleeping will feel so queasy and make you uncomfortable :( possible to try another brand of fish oil instead? some mummies who have HG do take chewable gummies.

2y ago

thanks darl for the suggestion I will check other brands out. I just simply can't stand the after burps which comes after an hr. very horrible. thank you so much for taking time to respond!

TapFluencer

I take Blackmores Odourless Fish Oil. Try it. It’s gel capsules, no taste/smell, no after taste or fishy burps or anything.

Hello! This is prescribe from ur gynae? Can I take omega 3 off the shelf?

2y ago

Hmmm, I think will b better to check with gynae if can take the pills off shelves.

i took fish oil from GNC, which is given by gynae. easy to swallow