Unhealthy Lifestyle

My kids don’t like to do exercise, I’ve been nagging them to at least take a walk outside rather than playing games 24/7. Is there any effective way you can suggest to persuade kids to do healthier stuff?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Active play as a family! Pick up a new sport or activity as a family, I'm guessing your kids aren't at the toddler stage anymore - so you can definitely do something together but don't make it the plain old exercise in the park or going to the gym etc. Reduce their game time, or just take it away altogether - but fill in their time with activities done together like going to the beach, learning how to play basketball, learning to swim, or even just a simple game of catch.

Read more
VIP Member

you mean play games on the phone or? Can introduce them to indoor games that will get their body moving.. play the limbo in your house or play tag or hide and seek.. they would be best encouraged if you join too and show them how enthusiastic you are.

I think if we actively get in involved with them, they are very likely to spend time outside. Try noticing if your kid likes to play with water. It will be a good idea to try for swimming classes for him as it will interest him :)

VIP Member

Instead of unstructured outdoor time, why not try some structured outdoor play? Instead of dumping them at a playground or beach, take them to the zoo or bird park, where there is more structure to their time outside.