Is Jumperroo useful for our babies? I heard its fun. When can we start using it for our LOs?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I let my firstborn try jumperoo, exersaucer etc. I remember he was having a ball of his time with those. He started at about 5 months when he was able to support his neck properly. He was crawling at about 8 months? And started walking at 16 months. My second, no jumperoo or exersaucer, didn't think it's needed and he progressed faster. Started walking at 11 months. Perhaps learning from his brother too? Anyway, have a look at pre love jumperoos, they cost much lesser and your kids still can have fun!

Read more

I started when my girl's neck is kind of stable and also when she shows signs of movement like she can flip and move forward towards something which is around 5months. My girl really enjoys jumping and playing with it. So it really depends on your baby. Probably have to introduce to them a couple of times if initially the baby rejects it.

Read more
VIP Member

U can start at 4 months plus onwards when your baby can support their head. It's quite entertaining to my no1 but no2 don't seem to like it and find it entertaining, so i guess it's depend on the baby itself. Some information for you to read out more. http://www.jumperooforbaby.com/what-age-is-good-for-a-baby-to-start-using-the-jumperoo/

Read more
8y ago

thanks for sharing!

Parents should wait until their baby can hold their head up without any assistance for a good 10-20 minutes. If their neck is not strong enough or if they get too tired then they are not ready for the jumperoo. Some will find that the babies who often use jumperoo may experience developmental problems and can delay walking skills.

Read more

I have read that Jumperoo, like walkers, may hinder baby's development. Think it is generally recommended that a child should not spend more than 20 mins in one and always under adult's supervision. I think for jumperoo, it can be introduced to babies who are able to hold their heads up, which is usually around 4 to 5 months old.

Read more
8y ago

was worried abt that too!

my baby boy likes jumping and standing up. so i bought jumperoo for him and he enjoys playing by himself. my baby girl doesn't like jumping or standing so she hates the jumperoo. she will crys immediately when i put her into jumperoo. so i guess is depend on your child. p.s: they are 5 months old next week.

Read more

I introduced my bb girl the exersaucer at 4.5mths when her neck is stronger. I find it useful because it is something new for her to learn and play on her own, instead of always in our arms...

It didn't work for us. She hated being in it. My parents said to put her in walker to make her walk faster. But even without the walker, (she just turned 12 months old) she is already walking steadily.

I prefer not to get walkers or jumperoo as it's not worth the price or useful. It won't last for the long run. Instead you can get a playpen/playyard instead. At least will last a few years. :)

My gal loves the jumperoo! The infant care got one and we also bought one for her at home. Let the kid be in it only when neck is stronger bah. When he can sit! Good for tiring them out!