Breastmilk- halal or haram?

Hi mummies, I'm just curious about my breastmilk. I'm Christian and eat pork but my sister in law is Muslim. We are both breastfeeding our wonderful LOs. Is there such a thing of a non-halal breastmilk? And can her baby drink my breastmilk? I just want to be sensitive about such things esp when it comes to religion and our babies! Thank you!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is such a beautiful scenario and a beautiful question! :) not sure about religious rulings, but I would assume it is allowed as this is milk at the end of the day and not directly pork meat. One could argue that in that case eating vegetables are not allowed as in some countries fertilizer is made of natural waste.

Read more
VIP Member

You must asked if she mind. When I blessed out my breastmilk, the other party asked if I took Pork, as she wasn’t comfortable with it. Even though there is no scientific prove to show that whatever food we consume will go into our breastmilk, some people are pretty particular about it

Guess it depends on the individual herself. I am not qualified to judge if it is halal or haram, but personally, i am not comfortable with accepting the breastmilk. To each her own.

VIP Member

Hi, I am a Muslim. There is a fatwa in Islam that allow non-muslim to breastfeed a muslim baby and vice-versa. :)

Why you want to share your breastmilk with her? Keep for your LO lah

VIP Member

I guess it's up to individual's comfort..

can ask if she minds

VIP Member

Ask her