Just tested positive

Hi all, I've just tested positive and would like to know when should I schedule to see a doctor, and would going to the GP or Polyclinic but better? Also not sure if the doctors visit will be affected by the circuit breaker measures...

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats on your pregnancy! :) If you want subsidised, go to Polyclinic for a referral but waiting time might take even longer with the current situation. Otherwise, to GP to get your doctor’s recommendation for a private gynae. Or you can simply search one of your preference/ nearer to home.

4y ago

Thank you! I read that not all polyclinic offer antenatal services. And the app says I'm at week 4 day 4 now. Do I wait till I'm week 6? Or I can schedule for an appt say next weekend?

Schedule the first appointment on or after week 8 so the heartbeat can be detected. Several of those who have their first ultrasound too early e.g. week 5/6 tend to scare themselves because nothing much can be detected on the scan.

Super Mum

You should book an appointment to see a gynae:) the first appointment is usually around week 6-8, althogh I recommend week 8, because you can see the heartbeat:)

TapFluencer

can start by calling polyclinic or gynae to fix an appointment first