feeling down

ive been feeling down ever since my mil demanded that i stayed at their house, considering that it's only "right" that the girl should be living with the guy family rather her own. i had my confinement at my own parents home and my mil wasnt too happy about it hence giving my husband a lot of problems. he feels like he is stuck between his mother and me, so i gave in and moved to my in law place. i know it's good to an extend that my mil can help me care for my lo but sometimes when she do, i feel unhappy. situations like, when baby cries in the morning she will barge into the room and keep questioning "why?? is it baby hungry?!" when I'm already warming my ebm for baby. i dont know is it because I'm a young mom at 22 that im having mixed feelings about my lo like, im conflicted with myself - i miss my own time but yet i hate the idea of my mil taking care of my baby. i dont rly know how to put it but my emotions are everywhere.. it's bad to the point i can cry even when nothing went wrong. and have this heavy feeling in my chest. i don't know what to do, i rly want to stay back at my own home as im more comfortable there and honestly ive no problem caring for my lo myself as ive already done so during my confinement. but yet i dont want to cause stress/trouble for my husband. and my MIL is a difficult person. i just feel sad.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Do talk to your husband about this. Do not keep all these to yourself. Hopefully your husband will understand the situation an work something out for the both of you. Good luck mama and take care(:

If you cant get your husband to talk to her, then you might want to consider talking to her about it yourself like "relax! I'm doing fine here. Leave me be." Usually my mil just stfu 😄

It may be the pregnancy hormones.. Have to take some time to get use to living with your in laws as well... Take it slow..

I hate the idea of in laws interfering

You will have to talk to your Husband about this.

VIP Member

try to talk to ur husband about it..