Hi! I've been breastfeeding for almost 6 mos now but my supply is really very low even if I pump three times a day and breast feeds at night. Ive been taking Malunggay supplements and eats Malunggay too. Any tips to regain milk supply?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hi! May I ask what pump do you use? It's important to have an efficient pump. For me, I use a double electric pump. It drains both breast quickly. Try to pump at a regular time, every 3 hrs if you can. Then "empty" your breasts after pumping by hand. At night, when baby is asleep, hand express the breast that he finished latching. In the morning you'll be able to store 1-2oz milk. Not much but it will be an addition to your stash plus keeping your supply up. Do this every night if you can. When baby was younger I pump on the left while he latches on the right. This is how I was able to build my milk stash. Drink lots of water too. Remember that milk supply is based on supply and demand. Unlimited latch for baby plus pumping and hand expressing. Hope these helps. 😀

Magbasa pa

Do you take in enough water? Ideally, breastfeeding mothers should take 2 liters. Maybe you should also try other galactogogues that might help you even better. And more importantly, it really helps a lot if you have more direct feeding sessions. Have you tried hand expression? It works even better compared to pumps. Hand expression drains more milk and the pressure it gives to our breasts can be comparable (but not really the same as) to direct latching.

Magbasa pa