full month

Isit a must to have full month celebration for baby ? I dun wish to have this celebration at the end of the month but some uncle at his side said must have . It's annoying me . Wad gives him the rights to make decision even if he is the biggest uncle bla bla bla . Surname etc is just a word in the ic . It should be my decision the one who give birth to my baby . I said 100 days I'm still ok when I'm at least ready recovered and baby get his full 3 jabs . But some stupid chinese thing old fashion want it 1 month . I feel so stress every single day . I got no appetite to even eat . I'm stress everytime my in laws come n visit they keep talking so loud and chor lor infront of my baby . N when he is sleeping somemore . N when he is sleeping my husband want me to let them carry . Its disturbing my baby . Why are they so inconsiderate . It makes me scared everytime when I hear they are coming . My husband thinks I'm having depression . He thinks I think everyone is a threat to my baby . But tts not wad i think . I just feel ppl shud be more considerate when there is a baby here . I've talk things out with him but haiz . Am I being too over protective towards my baby or am I being wrong .

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

You have a right to want to protect your baby. Best you build boundaries where elders need to Also respect wishes specially of the mother. If you feel 100 day celebration is better, then sit down with your husband to discuss pros and cons and get his support here

5y ago

I discussed with him le. I told him but he and his mother like 1 team . He said he n his mother also dun mind 100 days but his mother scared ppl say . But funny thing is why is his mother even part of the picture now . To him he think after married is a whole family thing including his parents and my parents . But to keep after married is us only we handle our own things and no one else can make any decision . All they care is respect the elders bla bla bla . All he care is make everyone happy but nv care about his wife feelings . Than if I slay about my feelings he says I'm selfish .