full month

Isit a must to have full month celebration for baby ? I dun wish to have this celebration at the end of the month but some uncle at his side said must have . It's annoying me . Wad gives him the rights to make decision even if he is the biggest uncle bla bla bla . Surname etc is just a word in the ic . It should be my decision the one who give birth to my baby . I said 100 days I'm still ok when I'm at least ready recovered and baby get his full 3 jabs . But some stupid chinese thing old fashion want it 1 month . I feel so stress every single day . I got no appetite to even eat . I'm stress everytime my in laws come n visit they keep talking so loud and chor lor infront of my baby . N when he is sleeping somemore . N when he is sleeping my husband want me to let them carry . Its disturbing my baby . Why are they so inconsiderate . It makes me scared everytime when I hear they are coming . My husband thinks I'm having depression . He thinks I think everyone is a threat to my baby . But tts not wad i think . I just feel ppl shud be more considerate when there is a baby here . I've talk things out with him but haiz . Am I being too over protective towards my baby or am I being wrong .

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I feel you. It’s not a must to have a full month celebration. It’s ok to do a 100 day celebration too when you have recovered and your baby’s immune system is better. That being said, your baby’s immunity is still very weak and you are right to be cautious especially with COVID. I made everyone who visited me wash hands and sanitise their hands before they can touch my baby. If they are sick, I would tell them not to come to my place. I will tell them that I am the one taking care of baby if baby falls sick. I don’t let anyone else except immediate family carry my baby. If baby is sleeping, I don’t let them carry now. I used to do that and my baby became so cranky. In the end, I am the one to suffer. The viruses are very resistant nowadays unlike last time. Please be firm, talk to your husband again and i hope he will be on your side. It’s ok to be protective or overprotective but don’t overdo it. Logic will triumph. Don’t be too stressed and eat well also. Your baby needs the best version of you! You need to recover fast!

Read more