Is water based wet wipes suitable for newborn? Which brand and where to buy?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Water based wet wipes are second to wiping with boiled water but it is a better alternative if you are out where boiled water aren't available. I am using LEC 99.9% Pure Water Baby Wipes. The thicker wipe is in yellow packet, the one I am using. They are not too moist which may cause rashes to my baby's bum. The moisture is just right. It is a little costly but definitely better than wipes that are too wet! Imagine having wet buttocks in your undies, definitely not comfortable.

Read more
Post reply image

LEC 99.9 % PURE WATER BABY WIPES. For your info there is a few colours to choose from . And yellow is the one recommended as it's much thicker so their waste will not pass through it as compared to the blue one. They are pure water so not sensitive for kids . But before every wipes I usually use dry tissue paper to clean with as well. So this texture is soft and moist enough too.Can get it at expo fair which is much more cheaper and it's convenient and light .

Read more

Most of my friends usually use water but uses baby wipes for convenience when they were in a rush or when they were out. A lot of them recommend Pigeon. According to them, Pigeon is slightly more moist, easy to pull out and won't tear easily (which make cleaning much easier). Think could be found in Isetan and other departmental stores.

Read more
Post reply image

I have been using Himalaya Herbals Gentle Baby Wipes for my baby since she was born. It is gentle on her skin. It has a good fragrance (lotus flower). There are no problems of rashes. The wipes are thick and don't tear away. Also acts as a good moisturizer. You can also buy them online from Amazon.com .

Read more
Post reply image

I used LEC's yellow wipes when lo was 0-6mths but they're pricey so I switched to the Jeju wet wipes which is highly recommended by other mummies, half the price and just as good.

Post reply image

Use naturally made Mamaearth organic bamboo based wipes.They are hypoallergenic wipes that are gentle, soft and ideal on baby's delicate skin.

VIP Member

I used 99.9% LEC yellow colours packaging. I usually get it from Baby fair . per carton $50.90 . And buy 4 cartons free delivery.

I used water-based wipes of Pigeon before then now I already use Huggies' wet wipes (color green or brown) :)

VIP Member

For newborn, i will use cotton balls and warm water to clean as they poop very often.

VIP Member

We use Huggies Wet wipes on baby as that is what the hospital used when she was born