Is it suitable to bring a 4months old baby to genting, malaysia? My in law wanted to bring us for holiday but im not sure if just a 4months old baby able to cope the long journey and the environment there.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its is really up to individual. Some may feel that they are too young to travel as they are still building their immune system and that they are not vaccinated against certain diseases . It is really up to ur comfort level. I feel it would be much easier to to travel with a baby instead of a toddler as baby do not run or crawl around as frequently. Baby also nap more than a toddler. Personally i feel It would be much easier to cope with. As for the baby, bring his or her favourite toy along and ensure he or she is kept warm all the time.

Read more

If you feel that you want to go then I don't see any issue. I don't understand the multiple comments about stating that it's "cold" or rainy there! People do realise that there are some parts of the world where it's actually freezing and below, right? Babies are allowed to be born in those places ;)

Hi, In my opinion ..4 months old is very young. Long road journey is very tiring for all adults and baby. Besides, recently..it is raining at night in Genting Malaysia. It is quite cold for baby eventhough wearing warm jacket. Maybe you can suggest other places in malaysia to your mom in law.

Read more

If you plan to go during the holidays via the land checkpoints, the traffic jams at the borders will not be good -- especially for a 4 month old baby. The long journey up to Genting might work if it has enough pitstops to help the entire family feel refreshed therefore proper planning is key.

Personally, I won't do so. 4 mths old is too young, and at that age, they still don't know how to enjoy. The temperature is also too cold for them. Better to get all the compulsory vaccination done first.

I brought mine to KL when she was barely 2 months old. Idk about Genting (last time I went was in 2006). But for me, I rather bring baby travel younger than later as it can be quite troublesome :)

Read more

Hi we brought our 8 months baby to Genting early this month. The weather over there is ok, not too cold. We also brought her to KL and ipoh at 4-5 months old. No issue at all :)

I think not so appropriate as baby is still young. Immune system still not tip top yet. Plus weather in Genting is much colder. Wait after baby is 1yr old will be more ideal.

I brought eldest go Genting during feb 2007, when he is 4months old. Most important milk powder must bring enough or else have problem buying over there