Is it ok, or up till what age is it ok, to have sex in front of baby? Do you do it anyway?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It is not ok when they can start seeing things, as they are already starting to learn What you all are doing. My girl can already know what is bird bird( men private part). You never read news about a boy in kindergarten put his hand in and touch her private part? (1st, why the boy have this action? Maybe he see his parent do and think it's normal and ok to do it on other people?) When your kid can start to talk, will you like them suddenly say, last night my mummy or daddy keep moaning? Last night my mummy and daddy keep playing, shall we play etc.

Read more

Actually, we do have sex in the same room with our boy, even when he is awake but we always distract him by giving him the phone to play at one corner while we do the deed. And even when he suddenly ask what are we doing, we will said nothing and ask him continue his own thing. Okay I think sure many parents think its not okay but we are quite open with being naked infront of him since he was born which is why he never make a fuss about it. Of course having sex without him around is the best.

Read more
7y ago

Haha our boy is not very observant...

VIP Member

i don't do it infront of baby. Even though i don't have a space of my own yet, whenever my elder son is around we don't do it. The only time we have is when in the morning the kids head down to breakfast under the care of my inlaws. My husband and i will do it a quick one. No choice :P

Read more

Sex education is great but you must be prepared to answer many many questions from your kids. I personally don't have sex in front of the baby unless he is asleep. I'm shy. Although I don't mind, but I believe you will feel awkward if baby is looking at you when you are busy enjoying.

Read more

It's a no no for me. Even my baby is still an infant, I would not dare do it in from of a child. I don't understand why a couple would do it any way when they can do it when a child is sleeping or find a different area in the house where no one can see them.

its really not a right way to do it in front of children. 1st, it will spoilt our mood or romantic time. 2nd, they will start to be curious and who knows next time, they will follow what we do. so best not to let them know about our actions.

Err I think if u live on ur own and no one to look after the baby and baby is sleeping.. it's okay. If baby is in another room u wouldn't know if he wakes up and needs u. But i think only when sleeping is okay.

Just feel it's not right to do it in front of them. Preferably out of their sight. I just think it is too early to expose them to such stuff. Guess you should do in privacy between you and your spouse

should do it privately cause children learns things very fast, my mum use to work at childcare and the children inside her childcare sometimes will show / do what they saw their parents doing to their friends

Doing it away from your baby is the best. No way to do it in front of your baby. Guess you can't juggle sex and your baby at the same time right? So it privately and enjoy the moment :)