is it too early to read to a 2 month old baby? What books do you recommend?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think it's ever too early to read to a child. It's a good bonding experience with baby and soothing for baby to hear his or her mommy's/daddy's voice. My mother used to read to me since I was in the womb, she says she'll read pretty much anything to me. Not so much the book at that age, but more of the bonding, mommys voice and just spending time with baby. Moreover, reading to baby early will help him or her develop an ear for the cadence of spoken language. Varying the pitch of your voice, using accents, and singing will make the connection between you and your baby that much more interesting. Good books to read to your baby include: Goodnight Moon, Good Night Gorilla, and The Big Red Barn. Choose board books that have large, bright pictures and simple text — or even wordless books with pictures for you to narrate. You don't have to stick to age guidelines at this point. Books for older children can captivate a baby if they have clear, crisp images and bright colors. http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-2-month-old-week-4_1492896.bc

Read more
Post reply image