Is it normal for one breast to be smaller than the other while breastfeeding?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Even during normal circumstances I do notice that my breasts are not the same size. Haha. The breast that produces more milk will tend to be bigger than the other. To solve this problem, offer the smaller boob more often to baby. Always latch on the one with less milk first so as to stimulate more milk production in your lazy boob. Over time the production will balance out and make the breasts relatively equal in size. It worked for me.

Read more
5y ago

what if the smaller boob dont have milk na mas malaki yung isa na nagpproduce ng milk...do i have to drink a milk or anything para magprodice ulit yung smaller boob ko?

VIP Member

Yes, which is why it is recommended to nurse on both sides. i.e. change sides and let baby drink from both breasts in one feeding session or switch sides for different feeds.

Yes it is normal, depending on which side you usually breastfeed on, milk production will generally increase therefore increasing the size of your breast.

Thats is pretty normal. both the breasts are independent of each other and one might even produce more milk than the other

thanks