folic acid

In which week did you stop eating folic acid tablets?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's a must until week 12. I'm week 23 now. During my last visit (week 20) to pharmacy to top up my supplements the pharmacist told me folic acid is not effective after week 12. So even if you take it will be expelled from our body through urine. But no side effects if you wish to take. So I just refilled my folic acid too 😁 Planning to take it till end of pregnancy. Meanwhile I will also check with gynec during my next week's appointment

Read more

I stopped 2nd trimester But I continued with my Frisomum materna milk as I felt it gave me the energy to continue throughout the day without feeling so tired and most important, materna milk has all the nutrients mummy and baby needs

VIP Member

I stopped my folic acid intake once I'm in my 2nd trimester. My gynae told me I don't have to take them anymore. However, I'm having calcium tablets and omega every single day from start of 2nd trimester

I stopped at week 12 as advised by the doctor. I was then prescribed new obimin which also contains a small amount of folic acid in it.

my wife stopped after 12th week. she started taking multi vitamin, fish oil and calcium which supersede folic acid.

You can check with your gynae. For mine, because I have low iron, I have to take until I deliver.

I saw my gynae when I was 13weeks pregnant. Stop taking folic acid & given calcium tablets.

VIP Member

Stop at end of week 12. Replace with obimin and fish oil prescribed by gynae.

I eat multi vitamin from gynae throughout my pregnancy

2nd trimester. Cos they will give another supplement.