Korean BBQ - 1st trimester

I’m week 5 going into week 6 now and forgot that I have a dinner with friends at a Korean BBQ restaurant ! I don’t want to change the venue as it’s a big group but I don’t want to inform anyone either as I’m only in early stages. Besides ensuring my meat is cooked well, is there anything else I should be careful about ?? I think I’m being paranoid but wanted to hear from others as it’s my first pregnancy! Any advice appreciated ◡̈

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. Ensure meat is fully cooked 2. Do not use the same cutlery you pick up raw meat with to eat your cooked meat. This is to avoid cross contamination. 3. Avoid all raw veggies 4. I was told to avoid kimchi too, but this is up to you. I only dare to eat kimchi when I was in late 2nd trimester. Even so, I only ate a littleeeeeee bit. 5. Make sure the cups provided are cleaned properly. Otherwise, bring your own bottle to be safe. 6. Avoid crabs if there’s any. Even if it’s fully cooked.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks so much! All clear and I’ll be extra careful. All my best to you too:)

Hi babe, I avoided the raw veg which they wrapped with BBQ meat. Those free small dishes if it’s raw it won’t eat. Kimchi I ate a bit only. I avoided the tea they provided too. I just ensure all meat are fully cooked before I ate during my first trimester. Hope this helps

Read more
2y ago

Okay got it thanks my dear ! ❤️ will be extra careful

Some Korean restaurant have sides like Ginseng chicken soup/ Herbal chicken soup etc. Do avoid these as well! Anything got to do with herbs, cordyceps, ginseng shouldn’t be taken thru out your pregnancy!

2y ago

Got it thanks ZL for the tip! :)