I'm thinking of putting plants inside the house. What indoor plants native to the Philippines would you recommend?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I dream of having a garden full of herbs and spices one day. Probably parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, tarragon and so much more. Would love to have sili, kalamansi, malunggay, oregano and ampalaya too! All these are our household staples and it would be really practical if I just pick them outside instead of buying in the grocery.

Magbasa pa

I have this fortune plant in the bathroom. Easy to take care - - just replace water every day. This article also recommends these pinoy plants: Laurentii, portulaca, musica, corn plants, ti plants https://renz15.wordpress.com/2015/06/04/top-10-cheap-house-plants-in-the-philippines/

Magbasa pa
Post reply image

I'd recommend cactus and succulents.. :) they can go for a couple of days (and some even weeks) without water and if you're new to this, there are a lot of groups willing to help keep these plants alive. Sharing you a snap of my extra babies..

Post reply image

I don't know about plants native to the Philippines, but I like taking care of succulents too. The ones with spines are easier to take care of, so you might want to start with those. :)