Sub patient A1 room??

Hi all, im a subsidised patient under KKH but husband wants me to take A1 ward for when after i give birth as he wants to be by my side till i check out and the rest if the wards dont allow husbands to stay. I initially disagreed as it costs 500+ and i feel that it’s a waste of money, but he insists as he is scared, i have asthma & quite a bad sinus & i might have my asthma attack at night or i might be down with sinus or i will be tired and baby might need care at night. So i dont know, should i listen to him or should i just tell him there will be nurses around? I am not so sure as this is my first. He means well, and he has saved up quite alot for baby and me but i was hoping to save on hospital bills so we can spend more on baby. And i would like him to get more rest as he has taken leave for the whole 44 days while im on ‘pantang’ and im already feeling bad cause he will have to take care of me and baby instead of hiring a confinement nanny. What should i do? What should my hubs do? 😔

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it feels nice to have such a supportive husband and I feel that you should let him take care of you cos you wouldn't know what might happen and especially when it is your first. money can always be earned back but not health. he probably would still feel uneasy and cannot sleep when he's not with you too so I don't think he will "get more rest" and even more draining on his mental health when he has to worry about you without being physically by your side. I would definitely want my hubs to be w me during my labour and throughout the stay in the hosp. just my 2 cents worth.

Read more