I'm SAHM and breastfeeding mummy. The only spare time is baby sleeping time in the daytime (1,2 hours) and at night. Those timing I'm pretty exhausted. What exercise can do together with baby? And what can I recharge my energy but won't gain weight after breastfeeding my baby? Or should I let myself hungry and don't eat anything? Thanks in advance. From a Mother who want lose her weight badly :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Heya!! First up, please don't starve yourself!! That'll only hinder milk production and result in your metabolism slowing down - not good. Eat the right sort of foods (whole foods, fresh veg and meats) and start slowly with the exercise. The exercise will actually help boost your energy levels. Also, try eliminating sugar because a lot of people find once they do that, they shed quite a bit of weight. This includes sugary drinks, sweets, lots of noodles or white rice (if you must eat rice, try to consume long grains like basmati or jasmine rice if you don't like wild rice). Don't despair and don't give up. Your body has spawned a miracle. With a little effort, it'll be right as rain in no time! x Kelly

Read more

I would suggest that for now, catch up on your sleep and continue to breastfeed or pump. It is a well known fact that lack of sleep causes weight gain and sleeping burns calories! Continue to breastfeed or pump because your body burns 20 calories to produce 1 ounce of milk. So if your baby drinks 30 ounces a day, you burn 600 calories a day without exercising! Improve on your diet too. Try taking oats and brown rice to regulate your sugar intake so that you don't feel hungry easily, and oats help to boost your milk supply. Lastly, do not starve because your milk supply will drop.

Read more

Hi, if you live near a park, perhaps you could put your baby in a jogger and bring her out for a jog/run? Use a proper jogger (not a stroller) so that there's proper suspension support for your baby when you're running and that the wheels would not wear off easily. I have a jogger (a babytrend expedition -> see link below) and we started jogging at the nearby parks with LO when she was 8 months old with hubby on weekends morning. You can pick up 2nd hand ones from gumtree or carousell. https://www.babytrend.com/joggers_single/ Good luck & have fun!

Read more