Sick. What should I do?

I'm pregnant with my 1st child and I have a very bad flu with chesty cough. What should I do?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best is get med from doc/gynae. I'm having flu & a terrible cough as well. Happened to see my gynae ytd & was prescribed with Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4mg tab (For runny nose) & Dextromethorphan HBr 15mg/5ml Syrup (For cough). Helps for me :)

Super Mum

Go consult a GP, they'll prescribe meds safe for pregnancy. I was sick for moee than a week when i was also pregnant with my first child. Tried all sorts of natural remedies but did not work so i went to the GP in the end. Take enough rest!

VIP Member

Yes, I tried to self medicate but didn't help so went to see GP before it got even worse. Don't delay ya!

do see a doc, and let them know you're pregnant. they will give you pregnancy safe med. get well soon!

TapFluencer

Go see a doc and inform them that u are pregnant so that they can prescribe u preg safe medication.

VIP Member

Please see doctor to prescribe pregnancy suitable medication. Do not self-medicate.

Hey, Best would be to consult your gynae to prescribe you medication accordingly

VIP Member

See your doctor to get prescribed meds. Don't self medicate.

VIP Member

See normal doctor. There are med safe for pregnancy.

VIP Member

Please do not self medicate and see a doctor