I'm pregnant about 4months 2weeks. I'm having constipation for 3weeks. Any remedies?

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Constipation during pregnancy is usually due to changes in the hormones. Also, your uterus is expanding and takes up the space that was previously occupied by your bowel. To ease constipation, you can: - gradually increase your intake of fiber-rich food (e.g., whole grain products, fruits and vegetables, legumes etc) - taking small meals instead of the normal three big meals - hydrate! (this is to help move the food through the digestive tract and also to soften the stool) - be active (take walks and stay active) Consult your doctor for milk laxatives safe for use during pregnancy if the situation is not improving.

Read more

Eat food high with soluble fibre that bulk up stools oats, barley apples, dates, apricots etc and insoluble fibre that helps the food to go through quicker: vegetables, legumes, wholgrains. Add seeds, pumpkin seeds,chia, linseed etc to your smoothies and breakfast bowls. Drink heaps of water at least 1.5-2L. Start your day with your mornings drinking at least 500mls of water. And a big bowl of oats with linseed and chia seeds or smoothie as minimum. Also be aware if you take supplements like iron it can cause constipation as well. So check with your dr

Read more

Try to have probiotics and drink more water. Sometimes it’s just a habit. Try to sit at the toilet bowl for awhile and it will come out. Before I was pregnant, I have smooth bowels and will have indications that I need to go to the toilet. However ever since I was pregnant, I realize that I don’t have that kind of “indications” so I thought I was constipating. Until I make it a point to sit at the toilet bowl for awhile and there is actually “something”. Hope my advise helps.

Read more

I eat papaya or red dragonfruit as instructed by my tcm practitioner. Otherwise can also try drinking prune juice. And lots and lots of water. Avoid apples and bananas as it can worsen your condition. If you wish to, can also try to take some lactulose. Do check with the pharmacist if it's suitable for pregnant women. You can also try this safe home remedy:

Read more
Post reply image

Besides the dietary suggestions above, keeping active and exercising can help prevent and alleviate constipation. Walking, swimming or aquanatal classes and pregnancy exercise classes can all help. Practising prenatal yoga positions helps too ' because they tone the inner tummy muscles, to help keep your bowels moving.

Read more

I m 17 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I m glad i dont have constipation, everyday i really love to drink plenty water and diy my own juice (guava+jicama) and eat mung bean as well. Intake more green vegies and fruits. Hope it helps

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1745)

You can take green kiwi and dragon fruits to ease your constipation. This works for me and some of my friends most of time. Prune juice didn't help me with my constipation at all.

Prune juice really helped me. If you see the chemist they have good remedies. I used enemas for instant relief too.

VIP Member

Drink plenty of fluids and take more veggies/fruits to increase ur fibre intake. Yogurt or vitagen also helps.