I'm a mother of a coming 3 years old boy. My husband & I do not wish to have more children as we r very happy with our current life. Then of cos, I know pros & cons of having a single child & also >1 child. My boy's youngest cousin is 7 years old already. My boy attend full day childcare & he's very happy during weekend as he has our company. I know he loves attention & always love to play with other kids. However, of cos I'm scared that he will get lonely as he grows up especially weekends or school holidays. But doesn't mean he will be close to his siblings if there is any siblings. Any mummies facing issues of getting playmates for your single child or know of any groups that I can join so that my boy can have more company with friends? Thank you!!!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is a topic which my husband and I discuss very often. He has 1 older and 1 younger sibling. Recently, my mil was diagnosed with a very rare disease and has to go through a major op. But because he has 2 other siblings, the 3 of them took turn to visit and accompany my mil in the hospital, bring her for reviews after her op and we all took turns to take care of her when she was back home. After this, I guess our decision whether to have 1 kid or more is pretty much in sync. If we stop at 1, this poor kid will have to take care of 2 elderly in future (of cos we will save and make plans for our own retirement) but I guess not everything is within our control. I hope my future kids will have each other's back and someone whom they can confide in from young. If you and your hubby decided to concentrate on this little one, maybe you can bring him out to mingle with other kids more often so that he is more extrovert and making friends in future is a breeze. Arrange play dates with neighbour and you and your kid get to know more people too! As the Chinese saying goes, 在家靠父母,出外靠朋友. :) In the meantime, enjoy all the little moments with your prince! They grow up too fast!

Read more