I'm a mother of a coming 3 years old boy. My husband & I do not wish to have more children as we r very happy with our current life. Then of cos, I know pros & cons of having a single child & also >1 child. My boy's youngest cousin is 7 years old already. My boy attend full day childcare & he's very happy during weekend as he has our company. I know he loves attention & always love to play with other kids. However, of cos I'm scared that he will get lonely as he grows up especially weekends or school holidays. But doesn't mean he will be close to his siblings if there is any siblings. Any mummies facing issues of getting playmates for your single child or know of any groups that I can join so that my boy can have more company with friends? Thank you!!!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think as ur kid grows older, will have more opportunities for play dates because they will WANT to have them! And start being proactive at childcare centre and take initiative to say hi to the other mummies and make small talk and then gradually get number to WhatsApp and then ask them out for coffee or something. It's easier that way because you have common topic and your Son would already know them. :) Otherwise see your clique of friends, meet up more often (excuse to hang out with your friends!) and bring kids along! They can go indoor playground while the mummies chill at cafe. Or like some of my mummy friends, bring their kids go KTV with them. Haha :) Community events also good idea, like those movie nights, bbq, playgroups etc. Of course it will mean you need to take initiative to make small talk first unless you're lucky enough someone else make small talk with you. Cos for me I too shy usually to make small talk, and people always say I look fierce. Haha. :x Anyway as I said earlier, don't worry. When go to nursery, kindergarten and primary school, he will make his own group of friends la. :)

Read more