I'm a mother of a coming 3 years old boy. My husband & I do not wish to have more children as we r very happy with our current life. Then of cos, I know pros & cons of having a single child & also >1 child. My boy's youngest cousin is 7 years old already. My boy attend full day childcare & he's very happy during weekend as he has our company. I know he loves attention & always love to play with other kids. However, of cos I'm scared that he will get lonely as he grows up especially weekends or school holidays. But doesn't mean he will be close to his siblings if there is any siblings. Any mummies facing issues of getting playmates for your single child or know of any groups that I can join so that my boy can have more company with friends? Thank you!!!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Jus to share that before I have my 2nd child (he is currently 9 months old), I wanted to have a second child but my hubby is keen to have 1 only . I worry that he will be lonely and also tends to be self centered as he is the only child and only grandchild . I also think when we grow old, he might be burdened to have to care for two old folks. Finally convinced my hubby to have a second child. After having two kids, though at this phase of our lives we are very busy as they are both young , but I feel better knowing that they have each other as company when we grow old. My elder one has grown to be more responsible , loving and really takes very good care of his baby bro. Total change in his character. I see more good in having 2 kids. But each family has their own unique situation and if u do choose to have 1 kid, can arrange for play date with your frens who have kids of similar ages. Or the mommy forum .

Read more