I'm a mother of a coming 3 years old boy. My husband & I do not wish to have more children as we r very happy with our current life. Then of cos, I know pros & cons of having a single child & also >1 child. My boy's youngest cousin is 7 years old already. My boy attend full day childcare & he's very happy during weekend as he has our company. I know he loves attention & always love to play with other kids. However, of cos I'm scared that he will get lonely as he grows up especially weekends or school holidays. But doesn't mean he will be close to his siblings if there is any siblings. Any mummies facing issues of getting playmates for your single child or know of any groups that I can join so that my boy can have more company with friends? Thank you!!!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am absolutely not keen for another child. My husband is an only child and he is sub consciously selfish without knowing it. He also mentioned about being very lonely and not knowing how to interact when younger. He also said it is very stressful for one person to care for two elderly. I have had various friends tell me they changed their minds when they see their kid not knowing how to share. I am still on the fence and everyday I change my mind about my decision

Read more