Just to share

I’m left with 6 more days before my EDD. Went for my cervical check last 2 days and was told that I’m only 1 cm dilated. I have not felt any contractions or braxton hicks throughout my pregnancy!! And lately this days, my poop has been really hard and it actually tore surroundings of my anus which left me with an ulcer looking. I’ve been pooping blood lately too because of the tear and I’m so afraid to poop every single time i feel like it :( Took my lactulose but yet still having trauma. I’ve been really overthinking as to when my labour is getting closer and what if i pushes my baby out and needed episiotomy, it will affect the tear that im having right on my anus..

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pregnant women tend to have constipation more at the 3rd tri so try to take more fluids & eat fruits. Hard tools are difficult to pass so you need more fluids or try to drink milk. I know milk helps. As for 1cm dilation, yes you won't feel any contractions or braxton hicks unless you're already 3-4cm dilated. It is very normal to be dilated at 1cm when you have your cervical check. If this is your first pregnancy, you will definitely need an episiotomy unless you have had other pregnancies before. I only needed episiotomy for my 1st and don't need any for my other 3.

Read more