I'm intending to bring my LO for a swim at normal swimming pool. Is there anything I should take note? She will be 4 months old next month. What type of swimming diaper should I get?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hmm.. it is advised to introduce your baby into a usual swimming pool after 6 months old. That being said, I've heard of mummies bringing their little ones to a pool from as young as 4 months old. :) To prepare your baby for swimming, you can first try submerging your baby’s body in a tub at home while supporting his/her head. This is to get them comfortable with being submerged with their faces out of the water. Here are some things to note if you are bringing a young baby for swimming: - ensure that your baby could be kept warm in the water (e.g., choosing a heated pool) - avoid pools with a lot of chemicals (if you could smell chlorine when you enter the pool area, it is likely too strong for your baby) - prepare swim diapers - hold your baby securely underneath the arms while in the water - keep the session short (around 10-15mins)

Read more