It is all in the mentality

I’m in week 10 of my first pregnancy and the morning sickness is really terrible. I get terrible headaches, nausea all day. Loss of appetite. I am only able to eat one small meal a day. Insomnia due to nausea at night until early morning. I can’t stand for so long without feeling like i am going to pass out. My husband is not being supportive at all. He says it is all in the mentality. It is so stressful i’ve not experience a single bit of joy. Just anxiety from thinking if i am a good mother will i be able to carry this baby well.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to choose blander food to eat? For my first trimester, I couldn't stand the smell of meat and fish, so I took vegetarian meals and crackers. I also got Diclectin from my gynae to help with the nausea. The nausea will pass for most people after entering the 2nd trimester. Don't worry too much. At this stage, your body has reserves to fuel the growth of the baby. So even if you don't eat as much, the baby still grows as normal. Try not to stress. No one is perfect, and we're all learning along the way.

Read more