First trimester woes 😭

I’m in my first trimester (first pregnancy) and having a really rough time. I’m tired all the time and feeling pukey. It’s such a challenge to even function on a normal workday. 😭 Any moms have any tips?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am feeling the same. it just gotten worse the past few days (coming to week 8 now). saw gynae today, she told me it's normal and didn't prescribe any medicine for me 😅 she's not into medicine and extra supplements unless you're unable to keep food and liquid down then you will need the extra supplements for nutrients. anyway, I sip on 100 plus (u can try sipping diluted ribenna) to keep myself hydrated and eat small meals in between (I eat plain meiji biscuits but they're super dry 😒 so maybe pair it with milo or barley water). sometimes I wonder if I have bad nauseous because I am hungry or need to eat or its just the morning sickness. cos whenever I eat sth, I feel slightly better after that. I'm staying at home now so it's slightly better for me since I can lay in bed and try to sleep it away but I can't nap for long cos I'd always wake up 30 mins later. I also have headache at night when I'm about to sleep and my sleep these nights are quite interrupted cos I will feel mild heartburn. really can't do much but just to tahan. can try himalayas salt lemon candy, kinda helps for me. I hope mine goes away when I enter 2nd trimester 🙏🏻 keeping yourself hydrated is v impt in first trimester so drink more water. take care!

Read more
2y ago

i have the exact same issue! constantly hungry and getting gastric if I'm not munching and will be nauseous when hungry! i drink milo everyday cause I can't find food to keep me full or doesn't make me want to puke :( didn't know it's too heaty or cooling...

VIP Member

have you went for your first antenatal check up? let your gynae know, she can prescribe you with a medication that helps the morning sickness. for the tireness itself, drink lots of plain water and rest well. my first trimester, i was so so so tired i laid in bed almost the whole day everyday until 14th week where i finally had more energy. it is normal yes but if the tireness stops you from doing even the slightest bit like showering/going to the market then maybe you can consider drinking milk & eating more fruits and veggies. keep taking your folic acid and watch what you eat. try to cut down on the oily foods and increase your take in greens! all the best dear and congratulations! p.s. appreciate this tireness and morning sickness, u’ll miss it once u enter 2nd trimester and the rhinitis, rlp etc comes to play hehe :)

Read more
2y ago

Hard to imagine I’ll miss it at this point 🤣 but we’ll see

u can try getting preggie pop drops from iherb. i took those for my morning sickness and they helped. u can also try flavored sparkling ice mountain (sugar-free).

2y ago

it helped me to burp which helped my nausea actually