Worried.

I'm in my 40 weeks and yet to give birth. Doc did mentioned that I might need to go through induction of labour (IOL). At the moment, I don't feel any contraction. Is it normal? I'm worried. How was the process? (IOL) Keen to share any experiences. Thank you.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Omg..same so worried. I wanna wait longer…but my gynae seems to wanna induce me asap though baby and me is healthy. I read it’s normal to give birth later than edd for ftm. Starting to feel cramps and backache but come and go…but I have yet to dilate 😢 Pls share your experience. I’m so scared of induction, coz it might not work for all…and end up with c sect.

Read more

Same here, no pain contraction nor pain even up to 40 weeks, decided to take up Gynae suggestion to induce, upon “check in” to the hospital on 40 weeks, signs of labor came(bleeding and contractions).. didn’t induce

Sometimes different body react differently. Better to go through induction to tell your body it’s time. The doc will burst the water bag manually and from then on, you will start to feel contraction. Best of luck!

Super Mum

Baby’s too comfy in mummy’s tummy... Did your gynae do a membrane sweep? My doctor did that when I went in for my doctor’s visit at 39weeks+5days.. and baby came 39+6..

VIP Member

First pregnancy contraction usually is later. I didn’t have any contraction at 38 weeks but was told to induce for fear of overgrowth as baby weight is a little big.

Super Mum

Everybody is different. Your baby is too comfortable in your womb and doesn't want to come out. 😅 I did not feel any contractions and was induced too, nothing to worry.

My wife nv had the pop effect of waterbag. Week 35 - day 1 leak > day 2 got blood > day 3 give birth liao. 4 day old now 🤣

Hi, Please don't worry and follow the recommendation of your gynae. Everything will be fine :)

VIP Member

Hi... adhered to your gynecologist advise. Don’t worry, you’ll be a mum very soon. Cheers

Yes Happened to me too No contraction pain at all so had to induce at week 40