Do you all give pacifier to your new born ?

I’m hesitant in giving pacifier as it might be hard to quit in the future. Are there any negative impacts if I were to give pacifier ?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Give only if baby is really truly fussy and all else fails. I was hesitant at first with my boy but he kept wanting to latch all day, there was a time i had to bring him to the toilet! So I decided to give him pacifier as comfort at 3 weeks old. It worked for a few days but somehow aft tt he just rejected till now 😅 Luckily his colic got better aft tt. So it depends on baby if he/she likes it. If ur baby is ok, don't give too often, only if everything else fails.

Read more

I offered but then my LO cried even louder with pacifier so I stopped giving to her. As for the side effects, it will results the child to be reliant on the pacifier and also tooth growth but this is all in the later stage when they are older. Pacifier actually helps to soothe the baby and slowly stopped giving them when they are slightly older.

Read more
TapFluencer

I try not to give in the first month and its fine, but once she hit 2nd month she is struggling to sleep. She super fussy and keep crying so i give up and gv her pacifier but i didnt regret it, cos she can sleep thru the night (8hrs) start from when she was 2.5mths, just gv them pacifier when she wan to sleep and it would be easier to wean off

Read more

If there’s no need to, I won’t give pacifier. There’s many ways to pacify a baby. But if you give, that’s fine too. You can restrict the usage (eg: only give when sleeping), and not throughout the day. I understand when they start sch at 18mo, sch won’t allow pacifier and you can take that as opportunity to wean off.

Read more

Only my #1 use pacifier. I think it really affect the front tooth. if you take notice, kid who uses pacifier since baby, they tend to have bunny teeth. since then, I dont give pacifier to all my other babies and they really have nice teeth. so, it really depend on individual.

Yup! Depends on baby actually. I don’t have anything against pacifier, so I don’t have issues giving it. My baby likes to suck on it. But if I don’t give him, he won’t look for it. But some baby will cry for it. So it depends on the baby

Super Mum

It's just a personal choice, sometimes it's baby's choice also. Mine doesn't want to use pacifier no matter which brand I gave 😅. Weaning is one extra thing to worry for the future but otherwise there shouldn't be any negative impact

I gave my 1st one pacifier. he wean off himself af 8 mths plus on his own.. then ate it for comfort for a few weeks at 1yo then he wean off again himself. 2nd one refuses to eat pacifier totally

VIP Member

was like u until my dad ask mw to give for my LO to soothe if not will keep on crying. So far still ok cause she dont really rely on it unless she very fussy. i only give her around one month

I gave. She doesn’t love it n when she was younger she only took round teat ones. She only take when sleeping n when waiting for milk but only awhile