I'm going through a divorce and have a 1 year old son who is still breastfeeding. My husband just told me he wants the custody of my son when he cannot even make clever decisions for him. To him, spending time with his son means lying in bed together and playing iPad / watching YouTube. Do note my husband makes terrible plans and has bad manners such as eating loudly in public and is very lazy. After marriage he gained 20kg due to his lazines within 1 year. The only thing is, he has a high income. He say he will fight with me in court. I am planning to get a full time job and hire a helper to take care of my son so i can take care of us financially. What are my chances of getting full custody?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

1) There is 2 types of Divorce: - Contested and Uncontested. 2) Contested: - Both of you cant agree to the terms and required both to go court. - Bare in mind process takes longer, cost more, judge will make the decisions. 3) Uncontested: - Both of you come to a agreement what you both wants. - Cause of Divorce? Audultry or unreasonable behavoir. - Assets?? Talk about houses. - Custody?? Sole or Joint. Common one is Joint unless, your husband given up the right. - Care & Control definately be given to the mother. - Supervised visitation?? - Maintainance: Child & Wife. Try to seek for legal aid advise or a lawyer. I hoped all be good. Stay strong ok Mummy. Think for your child. Possible try to collate evidences as much as you can since your husband has threaten you to fight in court. Cheers.

Read more