Am I an asshole for this

I’m a ftm and have anxiety issues. My son, now 7 weeks old, was hospitalised due to a few hysterical crying episodes where he held his breath abit, and also caught a cold. I was told by doctors that people can still pass a virus even if they don’t show symptoms, but have been in contact with someone who has it. It’s been a week since my son has been discharged, and we are supposed to go back for NYE BBQ at my husband’s place. But my SIL claims that her husband has a mild flu. SIL says she can ask her husband not to come, which I felt isn’t right. So initially I said, we can give it a miss, anyway we meet them every week. Then when my husband insisted, I told him, as a precautionary measure, to ask my SIL and their 2 kids (who just recovered from a bad flu), to wear mask. My husband said I’m being unreasonable, but I feel that I need to be more kiasu, cos I’m really traumatised by the hospitalisation, plus our son was born at 37 weeks, & I hardly have any BM to feed him and boost his immunity, so his immune system is not as good. The problem I’m facing is mostly from my in-laws’ lack of empathy & understanding. I’ve been traumatised by them quite a fair bit but my husband is always siding with them and gets into very fierce fights (non-physical) cos of them. We reached a point where we almost divorced a couple of times cos of them already , & I’m feeling very helpless. #bantusharing #AdvisePlease

profile icon
Write a reply
Be the first to reply