c sect

Im a first time mum-to-be, i would probably be going for c sect. Can anyone here share with me their c sect experience and what to take note of after that?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

just went thru emergency csect 13 days ago! they will start with giving you regional anesthesia by giving you injection down the spine while they have u seated and curled forward. slowly, they will lie you down on the operating table. u will start feeling warm and tingling sensation down your feet and tummy. ur body may start to shiver too. the doctors will keep on checking whether your legs and tummy can feel any cold or sharp objects. they will only start the operation when you cannot feel anything tummy down. u will be awake, so at anytime u feel discomfort or pain or difficulty in breathing, just voice out. im sure the team of doctors and nurses will be able to help u out! post csect, u will have a urine tube inside u to help ur urine. usually they will keep it overnight after the operation. cos really it helps. u dont even want to think about using the toilet with the stitches down there 😅 best to standby and bring a surgical abdominal binder from home if you confirm for csect. u will need it after the operation. otherwise, i believe the nurses could order one for u since it might be hard to get the right measurement before delivery 😅 try to rest as much after csect. sit up in bed, yes. sit OUT of bed only the next day would ve best. keep a small pillow close by. everytime u change position, for example from lying to sitting, hold the pillow close to your stitches. when sneezing and coughing too! u will be on painkillers too! either suppositories or oral. take them even if u dont feel any pain. it helps especially when it's time for u to sit out of bed and tend to baby! ultimately, the stitches are dissolvable and usually the dressing will be removed when you see gynae in clinic after a week 👍🏻

Read more
5y ago

Thank you so much for sharing with so much in details.. i cant thank you enough 😘