Naptime struggles!

Baby girl is 4.5 months old and struggles to sleep unless held (breastfed to nap) or in a carrier (patting and gentle rocking). She falls asleep pretty quickly but I struggle to put her down on the bed (even after waiting for 10minutes) - she wakes up immediately in shock! This only happens during nap time, she doesn’t struggle with bedtime at night at all! Before her growth spurt I’ve actually managed to pat her to nap on the bed / transfer from arms to bed about 5 times in total. Is this just a phase? Or will I end up having to carry her to sleep each time!? Desperate for tips and real life experience! Ps... I’m firmly against the cry it out method Sincerely, A tired mom whose feet and back ache from carrying a heavy baby! #pleasehelp

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've had tt problem since baby was born. My baby doesn't even want to fall asleep in the carrier or by rocking/patting. The only time he cld sleep on his own is in the car otherwise I need to latch him. Having a hard time now too as I'm preparing to go bck to work, just luckily it's WFH now. But somehow recently, he's getting to sleep on his own more often, typically when we stretch his play time, let him roll around and crawl till he's tired. He's 5.5 months btw. Sometimes, I left him in the cot and he'll cry hard for 10 mins and fall asleep. Indeed a heart pain to hear him cry but no choice, as I need to train him to sleep on his own since patting or rocking don't work at all.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!! 🥰