is my baby ok?

I hope you're all doing well! I'm a new mom and my baby is now 2 months old. As a first-time parent, I can't help but worry about whether my little one's development is on track. I'm constantly comparing her milestones to what I read online and hear from other parents. Here are some things I've observed: She can lift her head briefly during tummy time. She smiles back at us and seems to recognize our faces. She coos and makes some baby sounds. She follows objects with her eyes. Are these signs that she's developing healthily? Are there other milestones I should be looking for at this age? I would really appreciate any advice or reassurance from more experienced parents.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on being a new mom! It's completely normal to worry about your baby's development, especially as a first-time parent. From what you've described, it sounds like your little one is right on track with her milestones for her age. Lifting her head during tummy time shows good neck and upper body strength, which is a great sign of development. Smiling back at you and recognizing your faces is a wonderful indication of social and emotional growth. The fact that she is cooing and making baby sounds means that her language and communication skills are developing well. Additionally, following objects with her eyes displays good visual tracking ability. At 2 months old, these are all positive signs that your baby is developing healthily. Some other milestones you can look out for at this age include grasping objects (even if it's just briefly), bringing her hands to her mouth, and starting to show more interest in her surroundings. Remember that every baby develops at their own pace, so try not to compare too much with what you read online or hear from other parents. If you have any specific concerns, don't hesitate to talk to your pediatrician. You're doing a great job, and it's completely normal to have worries as a new parent. Enjoy this special time with your little one! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Sounds great! Baby definitely healthy & doing well! At this age, we started buying contrast flash cards or black & white flash cards to train her visual for her tummy time!