I'm so done with my in-laws. who in the right mind will come in the room when baby is crying while we're changing baby's clothes and diaper, and say in Chinese 'your dad molesting you huh? your dad rape you huh?' WHO IN THE WORLD SAYS THAT?! I've always tell her the same thing over and over again, it's coming to my limit. She always like to pick the timing where I'm making my baby sleep, to knock the door and come in talk loudly, I've always speak to her nicely, say when baby is asleep, don't come in. but she keeps on doing it again and again and again and again. And, few weeks back, my sil lost her gold charm, and she claims that is missing at home. From than onwards, they started locking their room door, and I'm the only one at home while everybody does to work in the morning. my sil is the last to leave the house. I'm very very very hurt by this. Are they indirectly implying that I'm the one who steal the gold charm? it's a small gold charm. why would I risk my marriage for a small gold charm? it probably cost $100+ if I were to steal and sell it. why would I risk my marriage for $100+? I've been together with my husband for 6 years. why would I choose now to steal? Now that I'm married to him? I keep telling myself that it's okay, ignore them. but every time I hear them unlocking their room door, I feel angry and sad. I'm being indirectly pointed as a theft. who would like that?! I broke down few days back when I talk to hubby, I told him that I know I have told him this matter before, but I can no longer tolerate it.. it's too much for me.. am I over reacting? my sils never call me 大嫂, they call me by name. and there were once we quarreled because they said I was rude to their parents by not addressing them every single time and they called me a mute. I blew up. hais... but I'm really lucky hubby side with me, if not I would've gotten depression by now...........

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You must be so hurt by your in law's actions. Have you considered moving out soon? Sometimes we DIL can be easy to get along but unfortunately conflicts just happens because there is bound to have someone who likes to step on people's toes. Like my BIL, he also never greet me like how your SILs does. I closed one eye on this since I dont talk often with him but lately his attitude had been so ridiculous that not only he likes to ask for help, he has crossed my boundaries as well. So much that I dont even feel like talking or looking at him. And we are not even staying together.

Read more
7y ago

The problem is I don't even live with PILs and BIL. Is ever since he request help to let MIL stay in with us for a short while as they having reno, end up after helping we become the bad guys, BIL dont greet me (dont know whats the problem with him) right after I let MIL stay in. Anyway long story also. Yes your SILs should just move with their ILs then they will know how it feels like.