I'm a dad of 2 wonderful boys. My boys love me more than their mum and my wife never does her mummy duties.. numerous arguments happen due to this.. what should I do?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just want to understand...mummies duties.. the scope is quite big. If your wife is a full time working mom, then probably she is exhausted after working. If your wife is a stay at home mom (sahm) then there is no excuse for not doing a mom's duty. Normally, in my household, me & husband have to work hand in hand in raising the family together. We try not to set this job should be done by who...who have the available hands will need to do. As I am a sahm, most house chores and cooking will be done by me. Have you tried talk nicely to her? Normally in heated arguments, will tend to use harsh words and end up only see the negative side of each other.

Read more

What is your definition of mummy duties? If housechores, perhaps your wife tired from office work, maybe can pay helper to come. If it' emotional aspects, then try to seek for a counselling (since you mentioned already had arguments,meaning you two need help from the outside). maybe she has different view about having children or perhaps something happened in her past that you don't know. Anyhow, don't give up the love that both of you have. There is no marriage without challenges, so team up with your wife to overcome them.

Read more

Hi Mr Anonymous, I just can say you are the best dad..really not easy to do everything alone. I know your frusfration. Is it she is like this since day one? Or sudden change? My sister who is suffering from depression basically cant perform any task at home, resulted a very stiff situation at her home. So..maybe she may have some kind of illness that she herself do not realise it.

Read more

You should keep it up as a good daddy for your kids. It's not meaningful to pinpoint who's doing/ not doing your duties. If you enjoy doing things for your kids, cos you love them, that's enough. As others have highlighted, maintaining open communication between spouses always helps. Divorce is not something to take lightly. The kids will end up the worst victims.

Read more

If it it is just household chores , maybe can consider hiring a maid? If a man can just play with the child, I think a woman should be allowed to do so. :P So lets not quarrel over household chores and hire a maid.

VIP Member

You are an awesome dad! keep it up. you can get your wife to do things together. Cook together, play together with the kids. Many more. Practise makes perfect. It is a matter of whether she wants to do it or not.

can't cook, can't take care if kids, can't feed, can't everything.. I do everything because I don't want my boys to lack the love and motivation they need and it's became a habit that the daddy does everything.

are you or she is the breadwinner?

Just file a divorce . Easy