Do newborn boys get more hungry than newborn girls?

Hi Mummies, Can I check if newborn boys get more hungry as compared to newborn girls ? My 40 days old baby boy gets hungry very frequently. Any mummies who can share their experience on this ? #firsttimemom #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure if tt's true but when my boy was a newborn he needed to latch ALL the time. There was a period of time tt I cld hardly get out of bed as he was latching on the whole day and I could see he was indeed gulping down milk and not just latching for comfort. Cried murder when I wanted to go to the toilet. Even though we alr supplemented him with bottle formula very early as he had to be in the NICU for jaundice and I couldn't produce enough for him, back home, he still wanted mommy's milk even aft I gave him formula. Did not even vomit out the milk. He wasn't even a fat baby, just average weight. My mom who doesn't have any son was shocked herself seeing how much milk her grandson needed 😅

Read more
12mo ago

So it is true haha. I feel more or less the same

different babies have different appetites, even within the same gender. my friend’s baby drank 1.5x more than mine, same gender.

TapFluencer

various reasons not only gender