Resignation (Need Opinion)

Hi, I’m currently in a very early pregnancy. I informed my boss about my pregnancy and requested to WFH for 3 days per week, he agreed to let me WFH but instead of 3 days he asked for 2 days. Actually, i am thinking to quit. Reason being i will inhale chemical & fragrance product which i felt it’s not good. Yes, my boss are quite good to us sometimes. There’s work stress. A lot of deadline to met. I’m working as finance, HR, Admin, IT, Sales. Basically is like “baokaliao”. Previously they did accept my suggestion of hiring a operation staff which took away a big part of my job. I have discussed with my husband. He don’t mind me quitting job since previously i miscarriage before and it’s more important for me to take care of myself and baby but I’m still thinking to hold on to this job instead? I’m worry for financial issue (although we still manageable), save save use 😂 Any opinion?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

girl, I'd give notice to the boss. cos I cant even tahan myself how I stank after running errands under the sun . my neighbours cooking makes me nauseous( they're a good cook btw). I'm so tired by 2pm I needed to lie down n rest or nap . I'm hungry and yet no appetite and certain food makes me wanna puke. I have to try to shove food down every 3 hours. even my own perfume that I love I find it very off. I'm 6weeks . I read somewhere that the reason why certain smells make us preggy mama nauseated is because science of survival. it's to protect us from eating spoilt or unsuitable food, keeping us away from unsafe environment. so this is my 2 cents.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for your advise. True, baby’s growth is so much important!

I quit my job when i was pregnant too. But was supposedly between a job switch 😂 but the new job didnt work out in the end due to some HR issues on my medical benefits. Oh well! Things worked out pretty well though, on the part where i was unemployed during pregnancy. Although finances were pretty tight, thankfully my husband was supportive. It’s nice to be able to relax during this period 😊 just wanna say i’m glad i did, hope u’re able to too!

Read more
2y ago

We have the same work issue. HL still need to work. 😞 5 years, that’s is long since it’s a miracle and fated. Please take care of yourself too. 😁

Am also planning to quit in few weeks. Am in higher management position so am required to attend tons of zoom calls whole day and deal with so many difficult people. Sitting whole day hurts my back and mentally also it's so stressful. So decided to take a break and focus on pregnancy and my health. Do what u feel is right for your health at this moment as that's more important than anything in this world 👍

Read more
2y ago

Good. May has 3 PH also. Hahaha. Same i had chemical pregnancy as well. Ya, Just stay home and rest. 😁

If your spouse is supportive of u quitting then i think u can have a peace of mind. Last time i also felt like quitting because i am tired of working with my partner (alot of angst moment during my pregnancy). No doubt my hubby says ok but deep down i myself know i cannot handle sitting around at hm and taking care of my baby 😅

Read more
2y ago

Hahaha. Ya, he quite supportive after i complained so many things about my company. He rather me quit than getting upset and angry at current company. Hahaha. It will be quite bored after quitting. Just trying to find some part time etc. 😂

I took no pay leave from teaching when i got to know i am pregnant. Go for it just take a break from work. Listen to your body. I always have this mentality that money can always be earned. Enjoy your prengnancy journey.

2y ago

Thank you for your advice. True that health and baby is most important than anything. Thank you 😁

Jus give urself a break … Take care of bb n urself is the most important things now … I quit my job too … It’s all worth it when u see ur baby ❤️

Read more
2y ago

Take good care of urself ❤️

Is a great opportunity to rest instead of being pushed into heavy workloads

2y ago

Yes true and recently my company moving office. The packing and unpacking part is shag

I resigned due to covid also

2y ago

Especially when need to do Cleaning up job and it dosent feel good when people not pregnant sat around and not helping