I'm beginning to dislike my MIL. Whenever she comes to stay over at my place, I feel that she 'snatches' my toddler away from me. She wants to send her to school, fetch her from school, feeds her, put her to bed. I can't even have some time with my toddler when I come home from work.....

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm in your shoes too. I alr hate my mil because she reject my marriage and ask me to sign prenuptial agreement oversea then only I can marry to her son. Long story short, now after my boy is born she try to cry mother cry father ask us to spend time with her. She say she miss us until depression so request is to bring baby over at night at 9pm! Then she accused me by saying I let my mom spend time with baby and not her but it's not true, in fact she visited our place more often then my mom. So angry that I have to put up with her drama each time and my bil also side her. My husband thinks that we shld please his mom too because she gonna have depression. after a long day I am tired too! waited so long finally have wkends but still need spend time with her why can't she understand our plight. having a young child is not easy. not enough sleep. stress up life keeping up with the bills. omg I cant help you but just sharing my case because there might be someone having a worse mil. Maybe...... Horrible horrible.

Read more
7y ago

So manipulative. I would draw some boundaries and rules.