Bed strike

My 4 months baby girl only wants her grandma (her main caregiver when my husband and I are away for work) to put her to bed. There was one night my mom wasn't around to put her to bed, she cried for 3 hours (I think my baby was looking for her grandma). From then, her grandma and I would put her to bed together, but she still only wants her grandma to carry and pat her. Very upset that my daughter doesn't want me during her bed time.. #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi momma, don't be too upset. Pls remember, you are still her mom and will always be. The journey to parenthood is for a lifetime. Perhaps you can try to have your own bonding session during bed time with your lil one.. Babies adapt well to changes cos they are still learning and getting use to new environment, smell, touch, sound. Babies way of expressing themselves is through crying and the cries can be due to many things. Chin up and create that bond. After all, u carried her in you for 9mths and noone can take that away.

Read more
VIP Member

Hello mommy , don’t be upset . It’s quite common that kids always choose their favourite person . As ur away for long she chooses granny. But in my case I always with my boy but he choose his father , he only make him sleep , if he is doing work means he just sit beside him until make him sleep , don’t come to me also . The phases of kids always changes . So just make make very chance go keep them nearer . Don’t worry the phase will pass .

Read more