I'm beginning to dislike my MIL. Whenever she comes to stay over at my place, I feel that she 'snatches' my toddler away from me. She wants to send her to school, fetch her from school, feeds her, put her to bed. I can't even have some time with my toddler when I come home from work.....

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Haha.. recently my MIL told me she intends to send my toddler to kindergarten when he starts school next year Everyday. She said don't need for me to hire school bus, she wants to take a more active role in my toddler's life and send him to school daily. I just keep quiet whenever she suggests it. Well not even suggest, like state it as a matter of fact. She stays like 30-45 mins drive away from my house while my toddler's school is just like 10 mins away from my house. I don't believe she can commit to such a grueling schedule of sending him to school every single day. Sometimes in laws just don't know their boundaries. As a parent of my child, I set my boundaries and my rules. I really don't care if they are unhappy with my boundaries. I respect them as a DIL but when it comes to my kid, I have the final say. There had been a bad family fallout because of my position before but I stand my ground. My child's well being and safety and my own comfort level comes first. I don't give birth to a kid to be at the beck and call of others.

Read more