Extremely Low Milk Supply

I’m already day 6 postpartum and have been regularly pumping. However, each pumping session yields only a few ml of milk :’( Have tried lactation cookies, fenugreek, oats, and herbs but with minimal results. What’s wrong &how can I increase my supply?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My supply only increased at 1.5m PP (even so, I had to do mixed feeding before I could fully switched to full bm) when I switched to handsfree pump and started legendairy supplements accompanied with a lot of water. I usually drink while pumping and I try not to be too bothered about my output. Before that I was very stressed on the amount and was very insistent on giving baby full bm but it just didn’t work. After I switched to handsfree, I can’t see the amount and I feel that it worked better for me.

Read more

Hi there, i am mother of 2 and honestly, fenugreek didn't work for me. I tried legendairy liquid gold, it works better for me (but more expensive). My baby is 1 month+ old now. I didn't get lots of supply on day 6 post partum too. It took quite awhile before my supply comes in fully. I will pump every 3 - 3.5 hourly (even at night though its tiring but this is important), drink lots of water. I can get at least 100-120ml per pump now.

Read more
VIP Member

Perhaps you can try other supplements like Legendairy? I heard that not all are suitable for fenugreek. Most importantly, don’t be too stressed. Having a relaxed state of mind helps too, coupled with sufficient rest, nutrition and water. At least 2-3 litres of water a day.

VIP Member

Have you tried power pumping? Do also take in lots of fluid (soup, red dates tea, roasted rice tea). Jiayou mama!

TapFluencer

🙏💕