Breastfeeding

Need some advise to increase milk supply. Have been trying out lactation cookies and tea, fenugreek but dont see much results. 5 weeks pp now and currently pumping out about 40ml, max 60ml. No feeling of engorgement though, is my supply stagnant? #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fenugreek does not work on everyone. It may even decrease supply for some. May not work for everyone but this is what helped me - Handsfree pump (I’m using Befree) - Sunflower Lecithin & Pump Princess (Legendairy) Previously I was using BeMine pump & can only yield 40-90ML/30mins (both sides combined). Not only that, I always had clogged ducts which led to mastitis. I switched to Befree as I need to free up my hands to take care of my LO and surpringsly it worked better for me. Together with the sunflower lecithin, I managed to yield 180ML for the first time. I currently pump 180ml - 210ml/20mins (both sides combined). I partly think it’s also because Befree is covered up hence I won’t be so stressed about the amount of milk I’m pumping whereas for bemine I kept looking while pumping which makes it very stressful.

Read more

Power pumping is very effective for me.. But u will need may be a week to see the result.. Of course must drink a lottt of water.. And don't too stress

try pumping more frequently as it signals to your body that it needs to produce more milk. you could also try power pumping for about a week :)

Try almond nut mylk from theveganmilk